Open Innovation Evangelist
We are looking for an Open Innovation Evangelist to support Energy Access companies discover and use the Open Innovations we promote. You will be the “Open Innovations Advocate” and help companies learn about new open solutions available in the market. You will be the champion for prospective adopters of the open innovations we promote. Your success will be measured by how many companies implement these innovations in their businesses, thanks to your coordination and support.
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2022.
You’re the kind of person who enjoys networking, connecting with companies and is passionate about technology and its impact on people. You probably already know EnAccess and its work, and have already looked at everything we did, because it is exactly the sort of stuff that you read about in your free time. Maybe you've already read the article 5 qualities of great open source developer advocates, and thought to yourself "that is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to do."
Your mind lives at the crossing of social impact, finance and technology and you are great at communicating what happens there.
You are curious to learn about new open innovations being developed and used by companies, and you have ideas on how to get others to learn more about these innovations. You get fired up when finding new ways to use old tools, you see bluetooth, and think about a smartphone and a water pump talking to each other, you see a USB connector and think about entire houses powered by energy efficient appliances.
You love technical work, as well as sales and networking, you are a natural relationship builder and immediately see the problems the others are facing. You have worked in energy access and are familiar with companies in the sector. You do not hesitate to pick up the phone and call the people that would benefit from that thing you just saw while riding in a tuktuk. You are happy when you help others succeed, and will go great lengths to make that happen.
If that is you, and you are ready to be part of an organisation promoting new ways of delivering innovations to the energy access sector, then reach out to us (instructions at the end).
- At least 4–5 years of experience in B2B sales of energy access solutions
- Good understanding of the energy access customers context (mainly Africa/South Asia)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering degree preferred
- Proven ability to achieve technical sales targets
- Familiarity with technical decision makers and their processes
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail both to learn about products/innovations and to understand the customers needs
- Savvy with Google Workplace, such as mail, Google Drive, etc
- Familiarity with open source tools and approaches, ideally used or contributed to open source projects in the past
- A genuine passion for helping others
- An authentic communication style
- A natural flair for building relationships
- Personal investment in the community
Additional details about the role
- This is a full time position, though you are free to schedule your work in a convenient way.
- Candidates should want to commit for at least one year, and be ready to show results within that time frame.
- This position is based in any of the European/African time zones (CET +/- 2h)
- This will be a job with a mostly remote team, and you must have experience working in these sorts of conditions, so you are very comfortable on Google Meet
- You will be part of a small team and often have to wear multiple hats
- Fluency in English is required; written English should be at a native level though we love accents and welcome yours to the team
- This role is open to all ages, genders, and backgrounds
- Report to the Innovation & Operations Lead
- Salary will be based on experience, but we anticipate it being in the US$ 36k-48k bracket, growing over time based on results
- Depending on your location, you should have either working rights in the Netherlands or the ability to be hired as a consultant
- International travel will be required
How to apply
Prepare a cover letter and tell us who you are, why you would be a good fit for EnAccess and why you want to sell Open Innovations to energy access companies. Send that letter as an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't attach the cover letter, just put it in the body of the email.
Your CV can be attached as a PDF or sent as a link as long as it’s complete and detailed. The format of the CV isn’t very important, as long as it’s not a Word document, since those will be ignored.
We want to stress something: A good email is what prompts your CV to be reviewed. A good email shows your personality, it shows that you've reviewed the website and this job description. Referencing some of the things that we're looking for and pointing out exactly how you fit is great! We are not looking for anything super formal or uptight and you don't need to address us as Sir/Madam (please don't). Most importantly, tell us who you are, why you would be a good fit for EnAccess, and why you want to sell Open Innovations to energy access companies.